The Law Office of Boyd M. Mayo, PLLC

Stop Someone From Harassing You


There are a variety of orders of protection available to victims of harassment.  You may obtain a no-contact order or an anti-harassment order:

  • A no-contact order is obtained in connection with criminal charges that are pending.
  • An anti-harassment order is obtained by a victim of harassment, which is defined as:  “A knowing and willful course of conduct directed at a specific person which seriously alarms, annoys, harasses, or is detrimental to such person, and which serves no legitimate or lawful purpose.  The course of conduct shall be such as would cause a reasonable person to suffer substantial emotional distress, and shall actually cause substantial emotional distress to the petitioner, or, when the course of conduct would cause a reasonable parent to fear for the well-being of their child.”


If you have been the victim of harassment (including sexual harassment, threats of physical violence, or stalking), Spokane lawyer Mack Mayo can assist you in obtaining the appropriate order and also in obtaining civil relief for your emotional distress.  Feel free to contact us at (509) 381-5091 or contact us here.